Before I started Unit 2, I had completed a GCSE course in media. Because of this I had some experience with programmes such as Photoshop, Garageband and Final Cut. Over the duration of Unit 2, my confidence in using these programmes increased. I now think that I can create more complex designs and ones of better quality. As evidence of this, I created a magazine front cover at GCSE and I have also designed one for this unit. I feel that for this one, I have put more thought into the design and layout. I also designed a CD package and had to present my ideas to a feedback group. Again, I felt my confidence in this has improved.
I felt that I worked well as part of a group. For our film trailer, I contributed ideas and tried to make sure that all of the group members were working well. I like to have at least some control when working as part of a group so that I can be sure that my ideas and contributions are taken on board. However I am also comfortable with being a team player and letting other people take control if I feel that their skill set would be better for a certain situation. I am happy to let other group members put their ideas forward and I like to feel that each member is working equally. I feel that by doing this the product will be a high quality as it has been worked on by many people who can all add to it. I also work well totally independently as I do enjoy being in full control of the work and knowing exactly what I want to do. I am able to come up with good ideas and make good quality products or designs. However I do enjoy seeing what other people are working on because this can help me to learn new skills on Photoshop, Final Cut, Garageband etc. I also like to show my work to my friends so that they can give me their opinions and give me new ideas. This is useful as sometimes it is good to have different viewpoints when working on a product.
I think that my media skills have improved over the course of Unit 2 however I feel that they could be improved further. I could improve them by doing work experience with someone who regularly uses media skills or by spending more time on my work and learning more about the programmes that I am using (Photoshop, Final Cut etc.)
No comments:
Post a Comment